Law Training Centre’s short course, ‘The Contract Law of England & Wales’, will provide you with the essential knowledge and understanding of the framework and functioning of the contract law of England and Wales. The course examines the essential components of a contract and the parties to which a contract may apply, together with vitiating factors which could cause a contract to become void, as well as the methods by which a contract may otherwise be brought to end. Additionally, the course considers the remedies that may be sought in the event of a contractual dispute and the relevant court structure and jurisdiction to deal with such claims.
Who is this course for?
Anyone that wants to learn and understand the Contract Law of England & Wales.
What prior knowledge is needed for this course?
Law Training Centre’s Contract Law of England and Wales short course does not have any entry requirements, which means that anyone can undertake the short course with us. The course is in English so a basic understanding of the English language is required.
How long is my course access period?
Time for course completion?
Guided learning: 30 hours
Total qualification time: 60 hours
What is included with my fees?
- Written course notes within an interactive e-learning environment covering the core content and learning outcomes for each topic
- Pre-recorded lectures, covering key points and the application of knowledge to practice questions
- Support materials to cater to all learning styles, including flashcards, and revision guides
- Self-test questions
- Multiple choice question assessments
- Access to a personal academic coach
- Well-being, support and study tools
Topic 1: Introduction to Contract Law
- Introduction to contract law
- Contract claims and the Civil Court structure
Topic 2: Formation of a contract
- Intention to create legal relations
- Form of a contract
Topic 3: Parties to a contract
- Rights of third parties
Topic 4: Terms of a contract
- Express terms
- Implied terms
- Incorporation of terms
- Exemption clauses
- Variation of terms
- Unfair contract terms
Topic 5: Illegality
- Illegal by statute
- Illegal by common law
Topic 6: Misrepresentation
- Elements to satisfy
- Forms of misrepresentation
Topic 7: Mistake
- Forms of mistake
Topic 8: Duress and undue influence
- Undue influence
Topic 9: Termination of a contract
Topic 10: Remedies
- Legal remedies
- Equitable remedies
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed in the following ways:
- Topic MCQs: At the end of each topic a series of multiple-choice questions designed to assess knowledge of the particular topic.
- Final assessment: A final assessment comprising multiple choice questions applying knowledge gained across all topics to legal situations.
Each assessment is a timed assessment and can be completed on the online learning environment at any time. All attempts must take place within the course access period. For a certificate to be awarded on completion of the course, each element of the course must be completed, with an average score of at least 50% across all topic assessments and at least 50% achieved in the final assessment.
Course fees and enrolment
Please use the buttons below to view our course fees and enrol.
Law Training Centre accepts PayPal as a payment option. A link to PayPal will be provided on your invoice when you sign up for a course. PayPal is a secure card processor and allows you to use your debit or credit card to pay, you do not need to have a PayPal account to use this service.