The Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma in Paralegal Practice is an ideal qualification for:
- Students with a Law BA, legal Common Professional Examination (CPE)/Graduate Diploma in Law (GD) or LLB which have been successfully completed within the past seven years. If your degree pre-dates this, your subsequent experience may be taken into consideration. If you have completed your LLB outside of the UK, you must provide proof that you have studied the English legal system. Overseas students must have proficiency in English to IELTS 6 or equivalent.
- Overseas LLB learners who have not previously completed studies of the English Legal System can advance directly to Level 7 providing they have completed the five General Principles of Law Units of Level 4
NALP’s Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma in Paralegal Practice is a nationally recognised qualification, which is regulated and accredited by the government’s Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). It is ideal for those with a law degree or a Graduate Diploma in law.
The course has been developed to make the transition between academic study at degree level and knowledge of the day-to-day procedures and skills required to function effectively as a Licensed Paralegal Practitioner.
Diploma and topics explained
All six units must be successfully completed to gain the Level 7 Diploma.
The Diploma must be completed within two years from enrolment and should take between four and six months of study.
As part of their professional development, students may also study for individual units without completing the Diploma. This can be particularly helpful for overseas students studying in the UK for a law qualification. They can ask for exemptions from the subjects they have studied with NALP.
How will I be taught and assessed?
This Level 7 course is taught by online distance learning with all materials supplied. Students have a maximum of two years to complete the course from the date of enrolment.
Assessment is by an assignment submitted online. Typical exam questions might be:
- “You act for Julia Kettle who is engaged to Kelly Harris. They want to get married but understand that they will have to become civil partners. Kelly is from California and wants some advice about the legality of marriage and civil partnerships in the UK. Explain the requirements for a valid civil partnership and how this could be annulled.”
- “In relation to a case study pertaining to corporate and business structures, explain to a client the current form of business that they are now in and their potential liability in this business.”
A pass mark of 45% is set for each unit assignment – and every learning outcome detailed at enrolment must be achieved. Merit is set at 65% and a distinction is 80%
- Explain when contributory negligence may apply.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the rules of intestate succession and apply to a given scenario
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of legal personality.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Criminal court structure including the jurisdiction of each court.
- Explain the differences between summary, indictable, hybrid and arrestable offences.
- Explain the rules of statutory interpretation.
- Under law of contract, explain what constitutes a discharge by a breach and apply to a given scenario.
- Demonstrate an awareness of possible directions and case management tools.
- Understand the conditions and format of the Contract for Sale in conveyancing.
Topics of study
Thinking about enrolling in an LTC NALP Level 7 online course?
All our courses are designed to fit around your existing commitments. They can be studied at your own pace and are delivered by our approachable team of law lecturers and practitioners with years of industry experience.
Most importantly, our courses represent great value for money and can be paid for via instalments, making them accessible and ensuring a real return on investment.
All instalments payments are paid monthly and are interest-free. All costs include VAT.
What will I need before I get started?
To study your online course, you will need the following:
We are here to help. If you have any questions on the above, please contact us.
How do I enrol?
The Law Training Centre accepts applications throughout the year so that learners can start when it suits them most.
You can request an enrolment form by completing our form. Once completed, you will receive the form directly to the email address you provide.
Please fill in the enrolment form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure your enrolment is processed as quickly as possible, please make sure that you read the form carefully, and fill out all the required boxes. If you need any help or have questions, please contact us on 0330 088 8495 or email@example.com
What happens after I send my enrolment form?
Once received, your enrolment will be processed by our Student Services Team. If there are any queries at this stage, we will contact you.
We will issue your invoice according to your chosen option – either self–sponsored or firm-sponsored. If you are paying by instalments, a separate Direct Debit mandate email will be sent out for you to complete online, you will need to set up both the Direct Debit and complete the initial payment. Once the invoice has been paid (or the Direct Debit set up if applicable) please notify us by return email.
- Payment options:
You can pay by bank transfer to our account or by card using the payment link on your invoice. Cheques are accepted and your course login will be made live once the cheque has cleared into our bank account.
- Course Login:
Once we have processed your payment and the 14-day cooling-off period has passed or has been waived, please allow up to 2 working days from the invoice being paid to being emailed your course login.
Why choose us?
Our course delivery is uniquely engaging, having full regard of how precious time is for those not only studying law, but also practising at the same time.
We are here to support our students and partners by providing them with the tools to stand out from the competition and accelerate their legal career.