For each unit you study, you will receive:
– Course access and support: 18-month access per individual unit to all e-learning materials and tutor support
– Unlimited tutor support and your queries answered within 24 hours on working days.
– A step-by-step study plan, setting out a suggested programme of study for your unit.
– Pre-recorded lectures covering learning outcomes for each unit and the key legal points that need to be studied to ensure your success in the exams.
– Additional checklists, summaries, flashcards, and study materials to help you prepare and revise for your exams.
– Additional free e-books for life on the English Legal System, Contract, and Land Law. These are specifically designed to explain difficult concepts and to help you revise and prepare for exams. The full e-book functionality allows users to easily annotate, highlight and create custom flashcards. More subjects are being continually added as required.
– Free access for Law Training Centre learners for the duration of their course to the Thomson Reuters Practical Law, the leading online legal know-how service used by over 140,000 lawyers worldwide. Practical Law provides an unparalleled range of resources from practice notes, current awareness, checklists, standard documents and a unique ‘Ask-Legal Query service’, which is invaluable for students needing practical guidance.
– 10% discount code for the purchase of Oxford University Press’(OUP) Law Trove. Students have the option to purchase individual subject collections or the full OUP Law Trove.
– Intensive revision sessions ahead of the January and June exams:
+For Practice subjects, the tutor-led revision sessions focus on the CILEx pre-release case study materials, analysing the scenarios and the exam techniques needed to successfully answer all questions.
+For Practice based subjects, the tutor-led revision sessions focus on the typical types of questions found in Sections A and B, and the exam techniques needed to successfully answer all questions.
– An interactive online forum where you can interact with other students on the course.
Suggested book list:
Level 3 textbooks
CILEx Law School (CLS) manuals available from the CILEx Law School website.
Level 6 textbooks
CILEx recommended texts by Oxford University Press. Full list including statute books here.
Learners can use any textbooks for their CILEx courses provided they meet the required level at which they are studying.
Law Training Centre students benefit from substantial discounts – up to 25% – on Oxford University Press (OUP) textbooks. These are available via the Oxford University press Law Training Centre web shop. Login provided upon enrolment.
Law Training Centre students can also purchase access to OUP’s Law Trove at a 10% discount for either full access or access to subject collections.
Our supportive distance-learning model provides a flexible approach to studying CILEx units. It blends the best of e-learning, enabling you to study at your own pace, with unlimited support from our experienced tutors.
Assessment (Exam) Arrangements:
Except for the Professional Skills units, all CILEx units are assessed via an exam.
Each CILEx Level 3 and Level 6 Law and Practice unit is assessed by an exam that can be taken in January and June of each year.
You can choose when to sit the exam – you do not need to choose the next sitting after starting your course.
On 26th March 2021, CILEx confirmed that the June 2021 exam window will once again be online. Furthermore, CILEx have confirmed that they will not be returning to paper-based examinations. Therefore, all current and future Law Training Centre learners will continue to sit their exams remotely via online proctored exam – matching the flexibility that our supportive online learning environment provides throughout their qualification journey.
Exam fees: CILEx requires learners to pay the relevant fee for each exam they enter, regardless of which training provider they study with. Details of fees can be found here.
Please note that prior to taking the exam, CILEx requires that candidates must have studied each relevant unit at an accredited centre.
Exam registration deadlines must be adhered to, and full details of the key dates can be found here. Overseas students are welcome, but please note that overseas students must make exam arrangements in their country or residence. They must also get approval from CILEx directly and well in advance – please see the Overseas Student’ tab here.
They are law lecturers and practitioners with a wealth of experience in the legal sector. They include CILEx Fellows, Licensed Conveyancers, Solicitors, Barristers, Chief Examiners and Assessors, University Lecturers, and Law Book Authors with related subject experience. They have been trained to deliver our courses in an interactive and engaging manner.
Upon course expiry (18 months from enrolling), you will no longer have access to the learning materials and support in the Learner Area for that unit.
However, you will still be able to enter CILEx exams. For Professional Skills you will be able to enter those units, provided your Law Training Centre tutor gave you a provisional pass for the work you submitted to Law Training Centre. If you need more than 18 months, you can renew your course at a heavily discounted rate.
The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) is the membership and awarding body for the CILEx qualifications. It sets, runs, and mark the exams and issue certificates. CILEx also sets the membership fees and associated charges for qualifying.
The Law Training Centre is an accredited CILEx study centre. Only accredited study centres can deliver training that allows you to enter the CILEx exams and qualify. Law Training Centre is your training provider and delivers tuition for your CILEx studies, and the support you need to pass your CILEx exams.
Yes – Once you have completed CILEx Level 3 you will become an Associate member of CILEx (ACILEx). You can then advance to the CILEx Level 6 qualification. Once you have completed Level 6 you will have achieved a degree-equivalent qualification and will be able to choose to continue and qualify as a solicitor via the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) route.
Upon completion of your CILEx Level 6 qualification you will also become a Graduate member of CILEx (GCILEx) and be able to qualify as a Chartered Legal Executive lawyer (Fellow of CILEx) once you have been in qualifying employment for at least 3 years (1 year of which must be as GCILEx grade) and have met the work-based learning outcomes.