What delegates say about this course:
- ‘Very much enjoyed the course and tutor and looking forward to continuing working with LTC.’
- ‘Materials were very helpful in detailing what may be encountered and how to tackle documents’
- Having access to aftercare provides great assurance’
Conveyancing clients demand fast transactions and lower costs. Does your property team have a full understanding of the conveyancing transaction to be able to deal with your clients effectively?
Delegates will gain an understanding of the cycle of a residential conveyancing transaction, from start to finish. The course will be particularly useful to an expanding conveyancing team looking to acquire a clearer comprehension of residential conveyancing, enabling them to deal with the transactions and clients more confidently.
The course will cover aspects of both freehold and leasehold residential conveyancing.
Who should attend?
- Conveyancing paralegals, legal secretaries and support staff
- Solicitors and who require a refresher in conveyancing
- Estate agents who wish to have a better understanding of the conveyancing process and guide their clients during the transaction
- Members of your firm who are required to meet the ongoing training requirements of the Conveyancing Quality Scheme
‘It was a very useful refresher course for me having trained in Conveyancing in my training contract but I was a little rusty’
‘I will be much more confident in my role as legal secretary & supporting the solicitors, without having to ask for so much guidance’
You will receive
- Full notes
- Templates, sample letters and requisitions
- Your own e-Learning access to the course materials to download and re-visit
- Post-course support from LTC trainers by email, e-learning and phone
- Lunch and refreshments included
‘I have found the checklists, model enquiries, report on leasehold & report on title useful in my role’
What is the course about?
This course is specifically designed to deliver an understanding of the cycle of a residential conveyancing transaction, from start to finish. The course will be particularly useful to an expanding conveyancing team looking to acquire a clearer comprehension of residential conveyancing, enabling them to deal with the transactions and clients more confidently.
The course will cover aspects of both freehold and leasehold conveyancing.
- Taking the client’s initial instructions – key questions and documentation
- Overview of the key stages of conveyancing and checklists for both sale and purchase (pre-exchange, post exchange, pre-completion, post-completion)
- The LPE1 form and what to watch out for
- Putting together the contract and management packs
- Dealing with enquiries
- Investigating registered title and drafting a Contract of Sale
- The process of exchanging contracts – the do’s and don’ts
- Drafting completion and redemption statements
- TR1 and clauses that can be included
- Replies to requisitions and stock transfer forms
- Dealing with and for the mortgage lender
- Considering the Contract and management packs
- Discussing required searches depending on the type of property
- What to look out for in searches results
- Leasehold – how to draft a memorandum of principle terms
- Drafting a report to client and information that should be included
- Drafting initial enquiries
- Drafting TR1 and AP1
- Pre-completion searches
- Completing and submitting the SDLT
Course cost and how to book:
This course is delivered in-house at your firm with prices starting at £1,250.00 for up to 5 delegates. Please contact us with the subject line ‘One Day Intensive Conveyancing Course enquiry’ or call us on 03300 888 495 with your firm address and a number of delegates for a quotation and availability.
About LTC legal training
LTC is a leading provider of lawyer qualifications and post-qualification training for legal professionals. We work with some of Kent’s largest firms and government bodies to help their staff operate more effectively, confidently and efficiently by focusing on the knowledge, skills and expertise that make a difference in the legal workplace.
The benefits that quality training can bring to legal teams is well known. However, assessing, planning and ensuring smooth delivery of training in all departments is a time-consuming task that often takes a back seat to more pressing operational needs. At LTC we not only deliver effective and engaging training but work with you to assess, plan and schedule training that matches the needs of your teams and departments.
Bespoke training need not be an out-of-reach option. When we work with you we take the time to understand your team’s needs and tailor the training to ensure the relevant topics are covered and scheduled in a cost-effective manner. With LTC’s experience in in-house, offsite and e-learning you benefit from competitively priced training without sacrificing quality, relevance and employee engagement.
Are you looking to retain talented practitioners & develop your experienced but not yet qualified team members? LTC is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) and successfully delivers Lawyer Qualifications at Level 3, Level 6 and Graduate Fast Track Diplomas in Law and Practice. LTC students benefit from outstanding pass rates, small class sizes, flexible training and intensive CILEx exam revision sessions. Employers benefit from higher staff retention, motivated staff and increased charging out rates.
‘It will allow me to be more confident in my work, useful checklists & materials to use when running my matters’